Bladder and bowel complications are common conditions seen by women’s health physiotherapists.
Did you know that emptying your bladder as many times as 5-6 x a day is considered “normal” while emptying your bowels between 3 x a week to 3 x a day is considered “normal”?
Signs and symptoms that your bladder and bowel may not be functioning optimally include:
- Increased urinary or faecal urgency
- Urinary or faecal incontinence
- Pain or difficulty evacuating stool
- Inability to feel gradual filling of your bladder
- Unable to hold off from passing urine or stool.
- Urinary leakage with cough, sneeze or jumping.
There can be a number of reasons why you might be experiencing these symptoms. But help is available, if you would like to discuss your symptoms or find answers and help book an appointment today.